Bolton Veterinary Hospital is a 24-hour, AAHA accredited animal hospital providing comprehensive medical, surgical and dental care, including:
- Routine medical and surgical care for dogs, cats, and exotic pets
- Preventative healthcare for dogs and cats at our Corner Clinic
- After-hours emergency care as East of the River Veterinary Emergency Clinic
- The convenience of our home delivery pharmacy, Covetrus (click here for their site) , or call 860-280-2221 to set up.
Our clinic is staffed with doctors and technicians 24 hours a day. We provide a broad spectrum of diagnostic procedures through in-house testing and the use of external laboratories. We also work with other local practices when special diagnostic procedures or referrals are required. Our main facility includes a pharmacy, in-hospital surgery suite, in-house digital x-ray, on-site laboratory and a closely supervised hospitalization area.
Given current concerns for coronavirus exposure…
- Non-urgent inquiries should be emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone call wait times are currently long, as we are experiencing extremely high call volume. Contact us in regards to booking routine/vaccine appointments at email@example.com.
- As of 3/20/20 we can no longer allow pet owners into the building, with the exception of euthanasia appointments. For all appointments, owners are required to hand their pet off to a staff member at the door and provide a cell number for the doctor to call them once they have examined the pet.
- As of 3/23/2020 our main building will function exclusively as an emergency clinic. Wellness appointments will be scheduled at our Corner Clinic for new puppy/kitten initial vaccine series, adult dogs & cats requiring a rabies booster, and a limited scope of minor health concerns.
- If you are not feeling well, and have concerns about your pet, or if you are exhibiting respiratory signs, have a fever, or have traveled to any part of the world experiencing high incidence of outbreaks, then…
- Call us to speak to a doctor who will determine if your pet needs to be seen. We are making efforts to avoid the need for office visits whenever reasonable.
- If it is determined that your pet does need to be seen, we will provide a phone number for you to call upon your arrival. Our staff will then meet you in the parking lot and bring your pet inside to be seen by a doctor.
- Once your pet has been evaluated, you will receive a phone call from the doctor.
- Upon your arrival: If you have a cell phone, remain in your vehicle; when you book your appointment we will give you a number to call when you arrive. If you do not have a cell phone, go to the Discharge/Emergency entrance and ring the bell.
- All your pets medications can be filled via our home delivery pharmacy, Covetrus (click here for their site). Call 888-280-2221 if you need assistance setting this up. Some prescriptions can be filled via local human pharmacies as well. Please call us ahead of time if you need to have a pet’s prescription refilled via our office.
- Medication refill pickup at our hospital is limited to the hours of 11AM – 3 PM. Urgent-care medications may be picked up no later than 6 PM each day.
- In efforts to continue providing emergency care to our community, we will not be booking any routine appointments or elective surgeries until further notice (except new puppy/kitten initial vaccine series, and those due or overdue for rabies vaccines). You can contact us in regards to booking routine/vaccine appointments at firstname.lastname@example.org. We remain available for urgent care and emergency care, as always.
- If you have an increased risk of coronavirus illness, please consider rescheduling any routine care appointments you have scheduled.
- Your safety, and our staff’s safety, is of utmost importance. We have increased our cleaning and disinfecting protocols of high-use surfaces throughout our hospital.
- Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we work through these challenges.
At Bolton Veterinary Hospital we strive to offer not only sound advice, but also optimal veterinary care, thus allowing you the enjoyment of your companion for a maximum number of years. Our job is not only to treat your pet when he or she isn’t feeling well, but also to help you learn how to keep your best friend happy and healthy. Our staff is working towards certification through the Fear Free Practice program, to help pets have a positive experience each time they visit our office. Medications can be ordered via our online pharmacy, Covetrus.
Please be aware we have intermittently had a problem with our phone system. Comcast has advised us this issue is occurring on a broad scale. If you attempt to call and cannot reach us, please try again later. For non-urgent inquiries, you may email us at email@example.com. If you have an emergency and cannot reach us, please come directly to the hospital.