Since 1974, the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) has been recognized for setting high standards for veterinary hospitals.
Each AAHA hospital member is regularly inspected to make sure it meets AAHA's veterinary care standards.
We are proud to be a member of this veterinary organization.
Enhanced standards for AAHA members cover the following areas:
- Anesthesia: Methods for assessing anesthetic needs in patients and appropriateness of equipment
- Client Service: Communicates well with clients during all aspects of their visit
- Contagious Disease: Protocols, processes, and facilities to handle contagious diseases and avoid outbreaks
- Continuing Education: Continuing education tools and opportunities for staff members
- Dentistry: Safe dental procedures that protect both the patient and staff members
- Diagnostic Imaging: Adequate equipment to generate quality diagnostic images and utilizes proper procedures and equipment to protect staff members from radiation
- Emergency/Urgent Care: Equipment handling and process for emergencies
- Examination Facilities: Properly equipped for thorough examinations
- Housekeeping and Maintenance: Cleanliness
- Human Resources: Handling of personnel matters
- Laboratory: Laboratory services for the prompt diagnosis of patients
- Leadership: Leadership's commitment to creating a positive work environment and providing high-quality care
- Medical Records: Continuity of care through medical record details
- Pain Management: Pain assessment, management, and training
- Patient Care: Humane and advantageous care to patients during all aspects of their visit
- Pharmacy: Proper handling, storing, and dispensing of medications
- Safety: Safety of environment for patients, clients, and team
- Surgery: Patient safety in an aseptic environment with appropriate pre- and post-operative considerations